- 13-11-2012: Version 4.0.1 has been released, which fixes a small bug in v4.0 when deleting an item in certain circumstances.
- 11-11-2012: Version 4.0 has been released. This introduces a calendar view (next to the item list view that was the only view in previous versions). Work more easily with actions; drag actions to new dates, easily create a new action on a specific date! Also adds double buffering to the list (or calendar) view to reduce flickering. This version is compatible with files that were saved with Organiser v3.3.
- Calendar view in Organiser v4.0 -
- 24-10-2011: Version 3.3 has been released. This adds hiliting/filtering by contact, printing bugfixes and easier action date selection.
- 21-09-2011: Version 3.2 has been released. This should save correctly on non-administrator user accounts and adds sorting by contact or logical order.
- 06-06-2011: Version 3.1 has been released. This fixes a bug when saving on non-administrator machines (Windows 7) and adds date format preferences.
- 17-01-2011: Version 3.0 has been released. This improves on v2.8 with extra gui features (such as focusing a folder when double-clicking).
- 10-01-2011: Version 2.8 has been released. This adds a context menu to the folder tree, fixes some small bugs and adds date formatting for US dates for example.
- 30-09-2010: Version 2.7 has been released. This fixes an important bug which makes starting Organiser on some Windows XP systems result in a crash. Also, a 'Clear filter' button has been added for convenience.
- 06-07-2010: Version 2.6 has been released. This adds date menu functions for actions, to move start/enddates for single items or entire groups, making the Gantt chart much more user-friendly. Also, groups now display the summary date range in the Gantt chart. It also fixes a few bugs in the viewing algorithms.
- 19-04-2010: Version 2.5 has been released. This adds a very useful quick filter box which filters out items based on a single piece of text.
- 24-12-2009: Version 2.4 has been released. This fixes a few bugs and adds a simple 'Export HTML' function to be able to send out reports with mail for example.
- 19-04-2009: Version 2.2 has been released. This adds mail,
call and payment items (reminders). It also adds icons for all the item types,
and now allows a default type for groups, so a double-click in the item list
will add the preferred type (although you can still mix items types within
Get it from the download page.
planning & project management software that helps you to hierarchically
store things-to-do, tasks, facts, web locations, file locations, contacts
and such for quick overviews. Given an intuitive interface, you'll quickly
be able to get a grasp on the things that need to be done.
Organiser is the successor to Planner,
which is more rigid in its structure (client/project/milestone). With
Organiser, you get to choose where you need to subdivide your tasks into
Click here to go the download page, or check out the documentation to get a feeling whether it is right for you.
- A free project management and organizing software alternative to Microsoft Project for projects where require less complex information (though the projects don't necessarily have to be small).
- Easy grouping of all your actions (with planning) and related tasks into groups that you define and modify as projects grow larger or smaller.
- Supported items include simple todo's, contacts, facts, agreements,
actions (tasks with start & end dates), locations (websites, folder locations
or even single files), mail, call and payment reminders.
- User-friendly intuitive interface.
- Tasks can be 'Waiting For' to get an overview of things you still require from people (see this tutorial).
- Gantt charts to get a visual look on your planning, including visualization of action progress/overdue actions etc.
- Fits the 'Gettings Things Done' method from David Allen perfectly.
Organiser is recommended for:
- Small to medium-sized projects, covering no more than 1 year
of planning. More than 1 year is certainly possible, but for that you may
probably want to turn to bigger applications such as Microsoft Project.
- People using Planner,
wishing for a more flexible layout. Organiser is your answer; it does all
the things Planner does and more!
- Gantt chart next to the item list -